– Training pants: where to buy them and at what price?
The training pants allow your child to learn to potty progressively, gently, and independently because they are practical. Let’s discover all its advantages in this post.
Training pants and potty training
A pivotal moment in a young child’s development, potty training, becomes spontaneous around 2, when the child wants to do things on his own (he also wants to dress himself, wash himself, etc.). The training pants naturally accompany his desire for autonomy because they can be put on and taken off quicker than a disposable diaper. It helps to switch from diapers to regular pants.
Freer in his movements, the child feels more easily when he can go to the toilet alone without asking for help to unhook his diaper.
Note: they are also called “night training pants”.
Different types of training pants
There are disposable training pants and cloth training pants.
Disposable training pants
Disposable training pants take the hassle out of washing, especially when you travel. Disposable diapers can be more absorbent than cloth diapers.
Please note: a report by the Anses highlights the presence of several dangerous chemical substances in disposable diapers with a possible risk for babies’ fragile skin.
The cloth diaper (and therefore washable) has many advantages:
– It protects the environment compared to a disposable diaper because it can be washed and reused over a very long time.
– If it is of good quality, your baby’s bottom is more protected than a disposable diaper.
– It helps to reduce your budget: even if the purchase price is high, in the long run, it is more economical and advantageous to buy a cloth diaper than a disposable diaper.
– The volume of your waste is much lower.
Organic and ecological training pants
Organic training pants are usually made of two layers of organic cotton terry cloth on the inside and a layer of laminated polyester in the crotch area to protect the clothes. Finally, it ends with a layer of organic cotton flannel on the outside.
– It is made of natural fibers (mostly cotton) without toxic or dangerous products and is therefore not allergic or irritating to the fragile and delicate skin of baby.
– The soft texture of the panty increases the comfort of your child.
– It preserves the environment.
These panties can be washed at 40 degrees to ensure good hygiene. They dry at low temperatures.
Note: there are training pants made of recycled materials.
Criteria for choosing training pants
To choose the fitting training pants, ensure they are of good quality and do not irritate your child’s skin.
If you choose a non-disposable training panty, select it to withstand frequent washing for as long as possible, especially when your baby is not yet potty trained.
Training pants: where to buy them and at what price?
You will find training pants:
– in department stores in the nursery section;
– in stores specializing in baby care;
– in pharmacies;
– in organic stores (for ecological pants);
– by mail order;
– by the Internet.
The price of training pants is variable. It depends on the age and weight of your child. The first price is about $10.
Good to know: it is possible to find second-hand training pants on the Internet.